Words by A Sacred Project:
This birth deserves a structured status to explain how awesome it was.
- What first and foremost I wanted to highlight was how incredibly hard Lindsay worked to get baby here. Like contracting for weeks, harder and longer labor (rare for third baby), on top of overcoming all the emotional obstacles difficult labors bring. She was 110% boss babe and I loved watching every second of her strength.
- She had her kid outside under the stars. OUTSIDE. STARS. YUP.
- Somehow I've been blessed with not one but two films recently featuring doggie doulas. And spoiler alert, a kitten shows up too. Pet parents everywhere will give this two thumbs up.
- Another surprise gender birth. Dad's reaction is 💯.
- Big brothers and sisters? Check. And they're all sleepy and confused possibly but holy cow so cute.
It was a real treat to meet and work with the team at BundleBorn Midwifery. If you're going to have an impromptu sleepover with a group of women, they're the type you want to do the whole long birth thing with. Also in case you're wondering, they have a sleepover as a team every so often and if you happen to have your baby on the night of said sleepover, you'll get not one but ALL the nurse midwives at your birth. If a birth isn't included in a midwife team sleepover, like what else do they do? 😀